Did you know that Kenya has a National Climate Change Action Plan?
Did you know that Kenya has a National Climate Change Action Plan? Yes we have one, that runs for five years. Full of solutions on how to curb climate change in our country.
Roles played by this National Climate Action Plan
- It provides our country with a guideline to accomplish our commitment to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Which is an international body responsible for helping our planet get solutions for climate change effects.
- Give us guidelines on how to live with climate change.
- Offer support while dealing with how we carry out our development activities. Putting in check negative human impacts during such developments.
- Helps us work on ways to reduce amounts of green house gases we are producing.
Who are involved in this Action Plan?
It’s made up of scientist, analysts, climate change researchers, international organisation representatives, people from ministries that deal with environmental issues, among others.
These people were able to first evaluate climate change impact in our country. Noting the damage already done. So as to come up with adaptation and mitigation measures. That will help reduce the climate change effects.
Almost all parts in the country had some research done in them. And the most affected noted. These are areas that the mitigation measures got applied to first. And the result has been amazing.
People’s response towards National Change Action Plan
- Through the climate change awareness platforms, people were able to help coming up with ideas to curb climate change.
- They were able to change waste into useful products.
- Embraced practices that aided in reduction of greenhouse gases emission.
So far they have been positive progress made and a lot is yet to be done.
So far we have two National Climate Change Action Plan (NCCAP)
Read the full article here.