Where do we stand as a planet? In terms of natural resources and health of our atmosphere. Do you have any idea? Or have any clue?
Unfortunately some people don’t believe in science or their research. Hence ignoring all the reports given regarding anything. Am not sure what they use to understand the changes we have been experiencing as a planet.
Climate change and global warming are no longer theories. Their effects are heavily being experienced all over the world:
The oceans are becoming warmer each day.
- Sea levels are rising.
- The poles are melting at an alarming rate.
- Rainy seasons and patterns have greatly changed and disappeared in some places.
- Species are getting extinct each single day.
- Temperatures have risen as the ozone layer continue becoming thinner as days goes by.
So what are some of the major changes in our planet:
- Land-dwelling species have declined by 40% since 1970.
- Marine animal populations have fallen by 40%.
- Birds populations are down 25%.
- Freshwater animals have plummeted 75% since 1970.
- 50% of the world’s coral reefs have died in the last 30 years.
These stats are really worrying and alarming. It also shows that if nothing is done urgently and we continue to contribute negatively to our planet. Then we will kill it sooner than we thought. Mother nature is at its final kicks and we need t resuscitate her.
How do we save our planet?
Read the full article here.