Just like humans, animals too have feelings. I was very happy when I saw billboards advising citizens to respect animals by not being cruel to them. They went ahead to show some of the actions considered cruel while handling animals.
Most people tend to assume that animals don’t feel anything . Or maybe what they may feel doesn’t matter or count. Hence end up mistreating them in awful ways.
Some of the acts may even be due to ignorance. Whereby the perpetrators has no idea of the consequences of their actions.
These actions include:
- Feeding pets human foods.
- Confiding pets in cages with environment that is not conducive
- Neglecting a pet.
- Remaining silence about it and allowing it to continue happening.
- Killing them mercilessly.
- Using them for experiments unethically.
- Smuggling animals.
- Feeding wildlife in the conservation areas and zoos.
- Killing animals for fun. (trophy hunting)
- Using animals for entertainment (bull-fighting, dog-fighting, cock-fighting, animals circuses, among others)
- Leaving pets unattended to for a very long time.
- Causing pain on animals from beating them.
- Denying them….
Read the full article here.