“What will people say ?” is the notorious hindrance to many dreams and destinations. As much as we are always advised to ignore what people will say, it’s debatable sometimes.
We are social beings by default. We depend on each other. And of course, no man is an island. You want more people to flock in your website and enjoy your blogs, definitely they will be in your mind. Right ? You will ensure that your YouTube videos are one of a kind. Unique videos that will attract a wide range of people. You will do your best to ensure that whatever you present to them is exactly what they love and even more. You will always be working to offer great posts. This is the reason why even google g ahead to offer you the most searched keywords to help you come up with relevant contents.
Are we still together? So do care what people will say? Do you think its okay to care what they will say?
Don’t be confused yet, let me give you another scenario. You want to quit your boring job and enjoy your passion. Most of the times, the passion may not really offer what your boring job did in terms of finances. In fact, its the other way round. Before you really get on your feet while investing in your passion, you will spend a lot. You may end up being broke, lose friends and even change your lifestyle. On the plus side, you will get to enjoy true happiness, get new friends, learn new things and the list is endless. So whatever people may say will not affect you in any way if you give them a deaf ear and pursue your passions.
Am I making sense here? What do you think? Would you handle those two scenarios different from my approach ? I would love to hear your side of the story and how you do it?
So here we are. Same person faced with two different opinions that test your act of not giving in to what people will say. Personally , I think it can be in two different ways. There are those times when you need to care what people will say/think and when you don’t need to. You just have to choose wisely.
I would go on to give you more situation samples including:
- Activities that involves team work. You will need not to compromise the team just because you don’t like some things and care less on what others says.
- Management positions. Despite all the powers you have, your decision making will always need to have your people’s concern in mind.
- Business. You need people to prosper in it, people are a crucial point to think of and be treated with care.
- Growing of your talents. You don’t need any one’s approval to decide on growing them but you will need their support (from the like minded) to do so.
- Branding of ourselves. While building our brands, we will need to hear both the bad and good opinions from people. From there, you can then go ahead and act on those that matters to you.
Make a wise choice while deciding on whether to care or not on what people will say while carrying out our daily life activities. Always remember that we only live once. And every day is a new day to right the wrongs. Its never too late to recover from the wrong ways. Mistakes are the best teachers , don’t shy away from them.